“The Truman Economic Development Authority exists to promote commercial and industrial growth in the City of Truman through business retention and expansion, business recruitment, site development, finance facilitation, and housing development to maintain a quality community.”
BUSINESSES OF NOTE.
The Prairieland compost facility is located in the North Branch industrial area. Prairieland is a joint venture between Martin and Faribault counties, and processes all municipal solid waste generated in those counties. Opened in 1991, the aim of Prairieland is to reduce the amount of solid waste going into our landfills.
Central Farm Service has its corporate headquarters in downtown Truman. CFS is the largest local farmer-owned cooperative in Minnesota, and serves over 4,000 producers in southern Minnesota and northern Iowa. The CFS trade area covers nearly two million tillable acres.
STATEWIDE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES.
- The Initiative Fund
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
- Region Nine Development Commission
- Greater Minnesota Housing Fund
- Economic Development Association of Minnesota
- Rural Response to the Social and Economic Crisis in Rural Minnesota
- South Central Tri-County School-to-Work
Truman Economic Development Authority
PO Box 398 – Truman, MN 56088